On our website, we've compiled many resources (listed below) that will hopefully provide help and information for you and those you love. We also encourage you to visit the links we provided below. There are many organizations and websites that can give you additional support.
If you have an organization or service you'd like us to refer, particularly in the Salt Lake area, please contact us for consideration.
- National Share Pregnant and Infant Loss Support, Inc.
- Utah Share Parents (sister chapter serving families in Davis and Weber Counties)
- Share Parents (sister chapter serving families in Cache and Box Elder Counties)
- Share Families of Southern Utah (sister chapter serving families in the Cedar City)
- St. George Share (sister chapter serving St. George)
- Utah Angel Gowns - provides beautiful burial clothing at NO cost
Share Parents of Utah create incredible hand and feet molds of your baby and present it in a beautiful cedar box. This is a momento you are certain to treasure forever. There is NO CHARGE for this.
Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep aims to bring parents together with professional photographers that are volunteering their time and services to helping parents create these heirloom memories of their time together as a family.
Please contact Share Parents of Utah President, Melannie Green if you do not qualify for NILMDTS's services. She will come out and take photos for you at no charge and there is no minimum gestational age to qualify.
The Angel Pics Project was created to donate photo retouching resources to the parents and families of a stillborn babies. Through this free service, skilled digital artists work with a digital copy of your original, eliminating medical equipment, removing unsightly marks and even replacing the background if desired.
Dana Klein is a local artist who can take pictures of angel babies and recreate them into beautiful pieces of art.
MD Custom Engraving creates beautiful, engraved keepsake items such as memory boxes, ornaments, jewelry, urns, grave markers, etc. Contact Michael Dickemore for more information. Link to his facebook here.
- Share Parents of Utah - We will come sit with you while you are in labor or visit with you via telephone if that's what you prefer. After your baby's birth, we will come and provide one-on-one support at the hospital or where you have delivered. If possible, we will take hand and feet molds of your baby, photos and provide other tangible memorabilia. We currently hold two support meetings monthly and are looking into providing more support meetings throughout Salt Lake and Utah Counties. Keep checking back for updates.
- Caring Connections (Bereavement & Support Groups at the U of U/special Perinatal Bereavement program available)
- The Sharing Place offers grief support to children who have experienced a loss of a loved one, located in Sugar House.
- The Bradley Center also offers grief support to children who have experienced the loss of a loved one, and is located in South Jordan.
- Angel Watch is part of Intermountain Healthcare's Maternal Fetal Medicine department and is designed to provide emotional and social support for families who may be facing a potentially life-limiting diagnosis for their unborn infant. The service is free of charge and is offered to families throughout Utah, no matter if their providers are with IHC or not. The Angel Watch professionals come to your home and offer options and choices as well as emotional support from point of diagnosis to bereavement care up to 18 months after delivery.
- Canary Garden provides peer based grief support for children, teenager and their families (Not therapy or counseling). Trained volunteers and professionals oversee all activities. They meet weekly thought the school year in Orem, Utah.
Breast Milk Donation
Suppression of Breast Milk
- When Pregnancy Fails: Families Coping with Miscarriage, Stillbirth, and Infant Death, Susan O. Borg, Judith Lasker
- Surviving Pregnancy Loss, Rochelle Friedman, Bonnie Gradstein
- Coping with Miscarriage, Othniel J. Seiden, M J. Timmons
- Empty Arms: Hope and Support for Those Who Have Suffered a Miscarriage, Stillbirth, or Tubal Pregnancy, Pam Vredevlt
- Gone Too Soon: The Life and Loss of Infants and Unborn Children, Sherri D. Wittwer (L.D.S. perspective)
- Ever Upward: Overcoming the lifelong losses of infertility to define your own happy ending, Justine Froelker
- Life Touches Life: A Mother's Story of Stillbirth and Healing, Lorraine Ash